Is reliability the weak link in your plan for digital dominance?
12 March 2018
In today’s connected world, a reliable central IT system is an expectation. But what about where availability really matters – at the point of contact with the customer?
Data centres today are expected to deliver 99.99 per cent service availability in order to ensure businesses achieve their digital goals.
But while there has been plenty of investment and focus on availability for the “centre”, availability for mobile workers and those who interact face to face – workers operating on the “edge” – is often left behind.
Think about it. Consumers judge how clean their water is by what is coming out of their tap, not by how efficient the pumping station is. Yet mobile service investment has been heavily skewed to support business operating within the centre rather than where it will be judged – at the edge.
In fact, given how critical mobile service delivery is to many businesses today, it might come as a shock to know that end-to-end service availability is typically less than 70 per cent. So how are they losing the other 30 per cent?
At B2M Solutions we have found two key reasons for this.
Firstly, about half of preventable issues are due to combinations of apps, batteries, charging, wireless networks and user behaviour. Because of the unique circumstances that arise from these combinations, it can be extremely difficult to identify and troubleshoot – especially with the limited tools most businesses have at their disposal.
Secondly, the other half of preventable issues are caused by deployment based on assumptions and guesswork and/or a startling amount of often unaccountable lost or stolen devices that are missing in action. Many businesses throw a surprising amount of resources at these problems, with varied success rates.
The good news is that technology can now help to prevent all of this.
The rapid convergence and commoditisation of cloud, API, big data, machine learning and now artificial intelligence technologies enable B2M to address these challenges.
We attack these challenges with a three-step approach:
- We capture detailed data from Apple, Android and Windows devices when and where things happen, removing the guessing game and replacing it with some science. Some of the data we act on immediately, and some we use to learn what to do later. We like to set a good example, and so we are very sparing with our own use of battery, storage and wireless data.
- We analyse at pace and at huge scale, in real time. We pick out the important information and since we use machine learning and AI, we can learn normal working patterns quickly, and then highlight exceptions and anomalies – enabling you to see the wood from the trees.
- We make it easy to visualise the findings or share data with other enterprise IT systems. This means users can personalise their experience, align specifically with how organisational processes work, and automate the easy and repetitive tasks – collectively this allows staff to focus on the bigger issues.
Today, B2M’s Elemez real-time mobile and wireless analytics offers a way forward for those in search of best-in-class mobile service performance and delivery excellence. The product was named in Gartner’s 2017 Cool Vendor report for mobile and wireless analytics.
B2M continues to work hard to revolutionise the mobile service industry, with a select number of strategic partners in the UK and the US.
Our real-time platform helps our customers to build and configure mobile solutions perfectly suited to real-world applications. It enables our partners to manage their customer deployments, to optimise critical processes, and leads to unprecedented operational efficiency.
To learn more about how real-time mobile and wireless analytics can help you to maximise your mobile investment read our white paper here.
By Julie Purves, Founder and CEO, B2M