Supporting remote working is not about installing a quick fix. With Cloud everything changes, whether it be about moving from the desktops to mobile tablets, going beyond the confines of offices, building new applications, how IT support users and how the users themselves use the on-line tools. But no change is not an option for most. Security threats are mounting on poorly maintained legacy, while the cost of maintaining legacy such as Windows-7 based systems for example is escalating due to vendor extended support costs being imposed.
Traditionally moving to the new world involves a period of assessing the technical options, systems architecture design, meticulous planning and significant investment to undertake the transformation. But for many the simple unknown of the cost vs. outcome plus the need to move fast in times of breakneck changes is a huge challenge. So how to get to the end of the rainbow, rapidly in a structured manner with minimal business disruption?
There is a way. By capturing the knowledge of many complex transformation projects and using proven migration tools under the OneTiK Automation Platform, the OKTiK team have enabled our customers to deploy a mobile digital workplace in a fully-automated and efficient process. At all times the progress of the migration project is crystal clear, tracked through a real time dashboard and well communicated to the business owners.
The critical steps in building and delivering a new Digital Workplace:
Use Auto discovery tools to identify all existing legacy systems, apps, data (location, content, classification, duplication), networks, security profiles and other important settings.
Agree the target operating environment – typically Microsoft Win10/O365 plus mobile devices but there are others as well
• Decide which business apps are critical. Which ones will work/be moved to the new platform or retired. For critical apps that are not compatible can these be upgraded easily? If not, sort out feasible and pragmatic workarounds, e.g. use a container approach to host these apps in the new environment, or maintain a hybrid arrangement to permit limited time backwards access.
• A security regime to permit unified login and freedom of connection between the new and old environments. The principle should be: users will at all times retain access to their authorized apps and data with no disruption.
• Users will only ever need a single button to click and initiate the migration process at their convenience. Once clicked, user data will be backed up and restored in the background, pre-flight and security checks duly performed, and a new customized digital workplace based on data gathered and rule-based conditions set in the orchestration templates will be built and operational in a couple of hours.
• Since the migration process was configured and implemented on the OneTiK platform, the resultant orchestration programming can be used to maintain the environment and allow the business to remain nimble in embracing new change such as M&A and other corporate activities. Asset systems can be dynamically refreshed capturing not just physical data but behavioural, networking and security data as well.
The benefits of this approach are numerous:
– Simplicity of project management through an advanced dashboard:
• The Dashboard interface has allowed one client of over 30,000 users to achieve an accelerated project roll out with a team of less than 10 people replacing a traditional team 10x the size. Management have control and visibility of the project at all times.
– Minimal User Disruption
• One click to migrate is the mantra – Automated pre-flight checks and security control. Data backup to take place at user-specified time in the background. Communication with end users is through the platform avoiding multiple emails and other types of methods and stay co-ordinated with the actual migration process.
– Legacy Applications no longer a barrier
A plug in for the platform allows legacy apps to be hosted securely in the target environment prior to retirement or remediation.
– Autodiscover not just data location but content and auto classification
• Discover, stage and auto classify all data prior to implementing DRM and moving to the cloud. Addressing financial institutions’ compliance requirements.
– Accelerated, secure deployments
• Velocity migration of both desktops and mobile devices approaching 400 users per day are being achieved. Enable a widely dispersed set of thousands of users to work from home in a few weeks.
The OneTiK Orchestration platform is able to deliver all of these outcomes through harnessing the teams’ large scale migration project experience built up over the past decade. It exploits the power of standard platform tools wherever possible e.g. SCCM, plus third party modules such as Droplet Computing containers. In addition to the tools, OKTiK Technology also provides the personnel and expertise to deliver powerful workplace solutions to your office, your home and wherever you are working.
For more information please visit www.oktik.net