By James Freeston, AXA PPP healthcare marketing director
Health technology developments are at the heart of how healthcare will develop and how people will go about managing – and improving – their health and wellbeing. James Freeston, AXA PPP healthcare marketing director, explains the significance of the AXA PPP Health Tech & You Awards.
- Health tech developments are at the heart of tomorrow’s healthcare.
- AXA PPP Health Tech & You aims to guide and grow the health tech conversation.
- Empowering people to use technology to lead healthier lives
AXA PPP Health Tech & You 2016 is an awards programme led by AXA PPP healthcare with co-sponsors 2020health, a health think-tank, and the Design Museum. It aims to guide and grow the conversation about health technology – empowering people to use technology to lead healthier lives and be more in control of their health and wellbeing.
The inaugural 2015 awards featured an array of innovations that included a wearable tech injury detection suit for disabled athletes with loss of sensation (enabling them to see injuries right when they happen) and a small portable tool translating colours into sound and black lines into tactile feedback (helping blind people to read shapes, graphs, diagrams and colours directly from paper, a text book or a sketchbook – and to draw in colour).
The AXA PPP Health Tech & You Awards 2016 has seven categories. Each has a distinct focus, from highlighting health technology that can support people’s specific needs to identifying individual champions, innovators and organisations that are leading the health technology revolution:
- The Breakout Award – for health tech that has successfully embedded into people’s lives over the past year.
- The One To Watch Award – for health technology that’s on the horizon yet could have a significant impact on people’s lives.
- The Champion Award – for an individual or organisation that’s championed uptake and adoption of health tech.
- The Problem/Solution Award – for an innovative concept or answer to a pressing health need.
- The Health and Care Award – for an item of health tech that will have the most positive impact for health care providers.
- The Innovator Award – for the most promising health tech innovator over the last year.
- The Independent Living Award – for the most promising health tech developed in the last year to support independent living for the elderly.
The goal of AXA PPP Health Tech & You is to normalise the use of health technology while identifying and supporting specific needs in society. It aims to champion the growing development of innovation across the healthcare, technology and design sectors.
For more information about AXA PPP Health Tech & You 2016 visit; https://www.healthtechandyou.com