The drive to cloud has been in full swing for some years now, but are businesses moving to cloud for the right reasons?
Many projects have started and stalled due to complexity, cost and application compatibility. Does this mean that businesses need to start thinking of public and private cloud simply as another platform to deploy on a best use case-by-case basis?
During this session we will look at some of the use cases of public and private cloud, challenges around migrating legacy infrastructure and management of a hybrid environment.
Part of our discussions will also cover the culture of a business and how a cloud transformation project is not just an IT task but needs to be part of a wider business strategy. Other topics will include:
- Common misconceptions with Public and Private Cloud
- Managing Public and Private Cloud environments
- How current environments would need to change to enable working across multiple sites
- What is the best strategy if your business is not ready for cloud?
- Importance of security, resilience and recovery in the cloud